2019: Financial Resolutions
Hi Money Masters!
2019! It’s officially the new year. I just love beginning a brand new year. There is so much hope and positivity for the year to come. It’s a new chance, a new start, and the possibilities are endless! No matter what your 2018 finances looked like, now is your chance to improve them for 2019.
You’ve probably already made some resolutions such as eating healthier, going to the gym more often, or keeping in touch more with friends and family. So, let’s start by making some financial New Year’s resolutions!
These are some small, quick things you can do to add a little ease into your financial functions:
- sign up for text alerts with your bank and credit card companies
- double check to make sure your computer’s anti-virus/firewall is up to date to protect your vital personal information
- update passwords on your financial on-line accounts
These items might take a little more effort, but are highly important to achieving your 2019 goals:
- stay clear from using credit unless you know exactly how and when you can pay the debt off
- re-evaluate your wants vs. needs and make sure your budget reflects this as well
- focus more on SAVING
- take a good look at your utility bills and make sure you understand all charges, policies and fine print
- review and update your insurance coverage
- check your credit report and dispute any inaccurate information
Another great thing about a new year is being able to put the past behind you. If you spent too much, saved too little, or forgot to focus on paying off debt, it’s not too late. Now is the time to learn from the past so you do not repeat it. On the flip side, if 2018 was a banner year for your money then keep that momentum going and stay on track! You have the power to make 2019 THE year for FINANCIAL FREEDOM!
Happy New Year!